Welton Manor Golf Course and Clubhouse is currently open and operating unless directed otherwise by new government guidelines. In general Golf is deemed a healthy pursuit played in the open air. The risk to players who are of a good health and not classed in a vulnerable age category, is smaller than most other sports, providing the correct procedures are followed. This is supported by England Golf who believes that the vast majority of golfers can continue to play golf. There are numerous advantages to your general health by continuing to play golf in fresh air whilst keeping fit and maintaining your mental well being. However, it is only prudent in view of the COVID -19 to implement sensible procedures in order to limit the potential spread of any outbreak.
Golfers suffering from, or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 must self isolate and stay away from public areas, The length of time spent in self isolation should be in line with government recommendations.
The safety and well being of all our members, visitors & staff is of paramount importance to us at all times. Due to these unprecedented times it is important to introduce some new extra measures to help contain COVID-19 and protect both members and staff. We ask for all our members and visitors to adhere to the following government, and England Golf guidelines.
– Anyone entering should immediately go and wash their hands thoroughly before entering the golf reception or bar. It is advisable to carry your own hand sanitizer around with you.
– Can all players please pay green fees etc using contactless wherever possible. If not, please have the correct money to reduce the handling of cash. (We have reduced the £5 minimum spend on cards to £4 to help facilitate)
– Staff will now sign all members and guests in.
– There will be no use of the PSI screen, so no booking in or score entry available.
– Please follow the guidelines presented to you on the day of your competition.
– The multiple use of the changing room is discouraged. Please change shoes in the car park
– On the course, clubhouse and all times, golfers should keep a minimum distance of 2 metres.
– There is now a maximum of 3 ball groups playing together, preferably wherever possible, 2 ball groups are encouraged.
– Golfers should leave the flag stick in the hole at all times, and for general play there will be no rakes on the course, to reduce the germs spread.
– Buggies should generally be for solo use only. Family members / partners are ok to share.
– Handshakes and embraces are prohibited.
– Ball cleaners have been covered up and should remain out of action.
In house competitions for both seniors and main club will continue adapting to the above new rules and procedures.
There will be no league matches, friendly’s or open competitions until further notice.
These are unprecedented and extremely tough times for all of us, but we would ask all our members and visitors etc to adopt a common sense approach by adhering to the above, and acting responsibly at all times.
The UK’s chief scientific advisor, Sir Patrick Vallence has stated that it is okay to play golf, providing you keep a distance. He went on to say ‘We are not asking everyone to be completely isolated. The scientific advice is to avoid close contact. A walk is okay, if you keep a distance’
Please note the seniors vs. main club, due to be played on Saturday 28th March has been cancelled.