Golf Tuition/PGA Coach
TUITION VOUCHERS AVAILABLE FOR ALL OCCASSIONS – CONTACT GARY: 07986 930854
Hi my name is Gary Leslie. I qualified as a golf professional in 1982, since then I have had the pleasure of working at 6 different golf clubs, leading to my current post here at Welton Manor G.C. where I have been since early 1999. I am a AA classified professional and was awarded the honour of becoming a Fellow of the Professional Golfers Association in May 2005 as distinction of my work as a golf professional. I am a senior lecturer at the University of Lincoln within the School of Sport and Exercise Science, and have an interest in learning, research and linking these to my lifelong interest in golf.
Here at Welton Manor G.C we welcome all standards of player, from the beginner to scratch handicap. Welton Manor is a Golf Mark club.
What is Golf Mark? A national scheme that identifies and recognises junior and beginner friendly golf facilities. The three key areas within the golf club which are assessed are:
- Coaching & Playing
- Club Environment (including sports equity & ethics)
- Child Protection & Duty of Care
We endorse the Golf Foundation (Junior Golf), through the Community Links golf programme. We are consistantly awarded the highest level of funding which enables us to perform outreach work at local schools as well as local community areas. The main purpose is for us to make playing golf accessible to all children regardless of gender, race or ability.
The Junior tuition is normally (at the beginner stage) taken in groups & where possible the children are placed in ability/age specific groups and are encouraged to learn through the Junior Golf Passport system.
What is the Junior Golf Passport? The Junior Golf Passport is the national learning programme for young people in Scotland, Wales and England. It includes a series of achievable targets and about the rules and etiquette of golf. The emphasis is on having fun while learning. It is a comprehensive, progressive, structured programme designed to help young people learn about playing the game of golf. The programme encourages and motivates beginners through the achievement of attainment targets combined with rewards and the most important element – FUN.
If you would like more details of our junior programme please contact Gary: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also with England Golf in the ’Get into Golf’ initiative.
Whichever way you choose to learn golf at Welton Manor G.C you can be assured of the very best attention and quality of coaching at all times and I look forward to improving your golf.
We have a range of facilities here at Welton Manor to enhance your learning experience:
* 10 bay covered/floodlit driving range. This enables us to give lessons whatever the weather. As well as on those dark winter evenings.
* 9 Hole junior/training course, fantastic for those who are making the step from driving range to the main course, now in its 4th year the course continues to improve.
* G.A.S.P – Golf Analysis Systems for Professionals, A Hi-Tec digital video analysis system for instant visual feedback linked with up to date golf software. This is proving to be extremely beneficial to all standards of learner!
TUITION PRICES (correct as of 24:03:2012))
- 30 Minute individual golf lesson £18
- 45 Minute individual golf lesson £23
- 2 or 3 persons 45 minutes £30
- 1 1?2 hour playing on course lesson £36
- 1 hour video lesson £32
- Should you require longer tuition times I can tailor the time scale to suit
- Groups – please see above & contact for details
- Tuition Vouchers available for all occassions
MOBILE 07986 930854
HOME 01522 821150